Warning: Undefined variable $heading in /home/customer/www/shop.lymecore.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/lymecore/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/description.php on line 29
Created by Dr. Alexis Chesney, the Tick Preparedness Kit has everything you need to treat a tick bite.
Ticks can transmit Lyme and other tick-borne diseases. Now there is a new first aid kit to help prevent the development of disease if you do get a tick bite!
The new Tick Preparedness Kit includes a custom designed anti-microbial herbal tincture which is taken by mouth. This Deer Tick Bite Formula contains herbs that target each of the pathogens found in a blacklegged deer tick as well as aid in your immune system’s response to the tick bite. It was developed by Dr. Chesney after years of treating patients with tick bites.
The Kit also includes items to help your body heal after a tick bite: two homeopathic remedies, Ledum and Apis, taken by mouth, and an herbal tincture of Andrographis applied to the bite wound. Lastly, the Kit includes the most effective tick removal tool on the market, the O’Tom Tick Twister. The Tick Twister will help you safely and effectively remove an attached tick.
Curated by a naturopathic physician with over ten years of experience specializing in the treatment of Lyme and other tick-borne diseases, this new Tick Preparedness Kit will be your one-stop first aid kit in the case of a tick bite. Detailed instructions on using the Kit can be found in Dr. Chesney’s book, Preventing Lyme and Other Tick-Borne Diseases.
The 6 Steps to Take After a Tick Bite
Step 1: Immediately Remove and Identify Tick
- Use the O’Tom Tick Twister to remove the tick, identify the tick and put it in the plastic bag.
Step 2: Apply First Aid
- After you remove the tick, place 2 drops of Andrographis tincture on the tick bite wound.
- Take homeopathic remedy Ledum palustre 30C at 3 pellets under the tongue 3 times daily for 3 days after a tick bite to encourage healing.
- Apis mellifica 30C is a homeopathic remedy that may be taken if the tick bite causes a rash, feels hot to the touch, or looks red. Take 3 pellets under the tongue 3 times daily for 3 days after a tick bite. Report a rash to a medical professional.
Step 3: Have the Tick Tested for Pathogens
- Send the tick to www.tickreport.com for testing.
Step 4: Begin the Herbal Prophylactic Protocol
- Take 1 teaspoon of the Deer Tick Bite Formula in water three times a day, 30 minutes before breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for 30 days.
Step 5: Watch for Symptoms
- Report signs or symptoms of tick-borne diseases to a medical professional.
- Read more about symptoms to watch for in Preventing Lyme and Other Tick-Borne Diseases
Step 6: Get Tested (Maybe)
- Read more about this step in Preventing Lyme and Other Tick-Borne Diseases
Source: Preventing Lyme and Other Tick-Borne Diseases by Alexis Chesney (Storey Publishing).
About the Author and Creator
Alexis Chesney ND, LAc is a naturopathic physician and acupuncturist specializing in the treatment of Lyme and other tick-borne diseases. Dr. Chesney earned a Masters in Science in acupuncture from the University of Bridgeport Acupuncture Institute and a doctorate in naturopathic medicine from the University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine, in Connecticut. She works with patients full-time at the integrative non-profit Sojourns Community Health Clinic in Westminster, Vermont and has a small private practice in Northampton, Massachusetts. She is a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP), Vermont Association of Naturopathic Physicians (VANP), International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) and a founding full member of the International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI). She has been featured as an expert on tick-borne illness at professional and patient-focused conferences, on local talk radio, and in various news publications. She may be found at www.DrAlexisChesney.com.